– 1 15 oz Can of Chickpeas
– 1/2 Tsp Turmeric
– 1/2 Tsp Salt
– 1/2 Tsp Pepper
– 1/4 White Onion diced
– 2 Cloves Garlic minced
– Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– Mixed Greens
– Handful of Parsley minced
– Handful of Cilantro minced
1. In a bowl, pour out chickpeas AND a little bit of the water they're in. Mash chickpeas slightly with a fork, leaving some whole. Mix in turmeric, salt, and pepper until evenly combined.
2. Then, mince garlic and dice onion. Heat a pan over medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil. First, sauté the onions until they are soft. Then add the garlic and continue sautéing until garlic is fragrant – about a minute or so. Be careful not to let garlic brown!
3. When onions and garlic are done, add in mashed chickpeas and sauté for about five minutes.
1. Assemble the breakfast bowls. Add in some mixed greens at the bottom of the bowls, topped with the chickpea scramble. Top with minced cilantro and parsley. Serve with avocado slices.