“Roasting these without oil or salts first lets them crisp up perfectly. Letting them cool in the oven is crucial to the crunch factor. Season with a teaspoon of your favourite flavours: combine sea salt with pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, chipotle, cayenne pepper, curry powder, lemon pepper, or anything you like.”
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- sea salt to taste
- Spread chickpeas on paper towels; allow to air dry completely, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread chickpeas on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 40 minutes, shaking pan every 10 minutes. Remove chickpeas from oven; toss with mixed spice and salt. Place chickpeas back into the oven; turn oven off until completely cold, about 2 hours or up to overnight.