These Oat Flour Pancakes are soft and fluffy, slightly chewy and nutty, and super satisfying. They're vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free too.
150 g (1 ½ cup) rolled oats (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
2 tablespoons maple syrup (or sub any other sweetener)
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
2 heaped teaspoons baking powder (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
250 ml (1 cup) unsweetened almond milk (or sub any other plant-based milk)
Coconut oil (or sub vegetable oil)
1. Place the oats in a food processor.
2. Whizz into a fine powder.
3. Place into a bowl with all the ingredients for the pancake batter and mix well.
4. Cook the pancakes as soon as possible after making the batter, otherwise the oats will soak up liquid and the batter will become too thick!
5. Heat up a tiny bit of oil in a frying pan (non-stick is best) and spoon or ladle in a small amount of the pancake batter.
6. Cook on a low heat for a few minutes until you see little bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake.
7. Use a spatula to flip it over and cook for another few minutes, until golden brown and crispy on both sides.
8. Repeat for the rest of the batter – makes around 8 pancakes.
9. Best enjoyed immediately!