Fresh vegetarian spring rolls are a quick, no-cook meal and are surprisingly easy to make. Fresh herbs are crucial to the finished spring roll, so be sure you have fresh cilantro, mint or basil on hand. Fresh Thai spring rolls are a great reason to use fresh mint and enjoy a unique and delicious flavor.
1/2 cup bean sprouts, crunchy
1/3 head green cabbage, thinly chopped
5 green onions, chopped
1 cup thin noodles, such as rice noodles, Chinese noodles, or bean thread noodles, precooked
1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs, such as cilantro, basil, or mint
1/4 cup grated or julienned carrots
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon soy sauce, or tamari
1/2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger, optional
12 spring roll wrappers
1. Gather the ingredients.
2. Toss together sprouts, cabbage, green onions, noodles, herbs, carrots, lime juice, soy or tamari, and ginger (if using) in a large bowl.
3. Toss together sprouts, cabbage, green onions, noodles, herbs, carrots, lime juice, soy or tamari, and ginger (if using) in a large bowl.
4. Place about 2 tablespoons of the vegetable-noodle-herb mix on wrapper horizontally.
5. Fold bottom of wrapper up over filling and push down.
6. Fold in both sides of wrapper and gently press and seal.
7. Continue rolling spring roll up toward top of wrapper. If wrapper won’t seal closed, sprinkle top with a bit of water and use as a sealant